Do you love solving complex and unique challenges? Have and strong analytical skillset? Join Optiver in our FutureFocus program to discover your potential in Trading and Technology.
FutureFocus is an exclusive two-day program that’s designed to introduce students, who are graduating in 2024/25, to the fascinating world of market making.
Program dates: 21 and 22 September, 2022
Application close: Friday, 12 August, 2022
Where: Optiver Sydney HQ *
* Note: If you reside outside of Sydney, Optiver will cover your travel and accommodation costs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Start to learn the core fundamentals of Trading, gain unique insights into our world-class trading systems, as well as develop the set of key skills which our Traders use in their day to day.
- Shadow a Trader on our dynamic trading floor and put your theory into practice.
- Explore our Tech pathways and learn how our cutting-edge techniques keep us at the forefront of financial markets globally.
- Connect with recent graduates and hear their personal experiences.
- Receive mentorship and support from our renowned trainers and senior Traders.
- Compete in a Poker tournament with our in-house international poker champion, with prizes up for grabs!
- Get a taste of Optiver's incredible culture and enjoy our perks and benefits, including daily breakfast, lunch and coffee, weekly massages and more.
In addition, top performers from the FutureFocus program will be fast-tracked in the application process for our 2022 or 2023 Summer Internship Program.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a pre-penultimate student who wants to accelerate your career. You’re an inquisitive, critical thinker who is creative in innovating new solutions. When you’re told that something “just is”, you immediately start to take it apart to understand the “why”. You’re a strong believer in the power of collaborative problem solving. And you're excited to test yourself in one of the most competitive areas of the financial market.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
APPLYING FOR THE PROGRAM
As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to select the stream that interests you most and complete testing that’s relevant for that discipline. To help you decide, please find more information on our teams below.
Trading, Market Risk or Research
- Our Traders make trading decisions based on market conditions and other factors. They’re driven and have a flair for analytical problem solving. Check out Will’s ‘Day in the life’ feature to learn more.
- Our Researchers work closely with traders to optimise our trading systems and strategies by developing and testing hypotheses experimentally. Check out Rob’s ‘Day in the life’ feature to learn more.
- Our Market Risk Analysts helps us maintain and improve our current risk framework, keeping us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment. Check out Andrew’s ‘Day in the Life’ feature to learn more.
Our Software and FPGA Engineers play a critical role in executing successful trades. Driven by the desire to find the simplest solutions to the most complex problems, they design and develop highly accurate and efficient devices that solve real business problems. Check out Brenda’s ‘Day in the Life’ feature to learn more.
- A pre-penultimate university student graduating in 2024 or 2025
- All degree backgrounds are considered
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent resident or individuals on an Australian student visa.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply to FutureFocus today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].