Optiver’s Equity Options Trading team is looking for an Equity Analyst to drive our fundamental research-driven trading. Ideal candidates will have a self-starter and competitive mentality, and are excited by the opportunity to bring their knowledge and skills to a growing team.
Having an aggressive and proactive risk-taking mindset is essential to perform well in this role. As an Equity Analyst, you will play a critical role on our team and have the opportunity to make a material impact to the firm’s PnL. You will sit directly on the trading desk, where you will be able to influence trading decisions and positions on a daily basis. In addition, you will have the ability to put on research-driven trading positions in your own book for PnL attribution.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As Optiver’s Equity Analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging current events and your research experience to impact the team’s trading decisions. As a member of our team, you will work in close collaboration with Traders, Researchers and Data Scientists to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Identify event-driven trade opportunities and work with traders to capture these opportunities, focusing on maximizing your impact on overall desk PnL
- Perform scenario analysis for relevant upcoming events and analyze time sensitive headlines for companies within your coverage sector(s) and predict their influence on volatility and/or stock price
- Assist in the growth of our fundamental research team through various avenues (i.e. creating processes to monetize fundamental-driven trading ideas)
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver’s Equity Analyst requires someone with:
- A bachelor’s degree (CFA preferred, but not required)
- 1.5-5 years of work experience in fundamental equity research (preferably in the equity options space or hedge fund)
- A solid understanding of fundamental research and factors that impact company valuation
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with various corporate actions a plus
- Computer programming skills (preferred, but not required)
- The ability to communicate clearly, think independently and work collaboratively
- The willingness to learn new techniques/skills and teach others
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.