The personal assistant is responsible for all aspects of managing the calendars and days of our IT Tribe Leader team, and integral to delivering an excellent experience for the IT department and external visitors.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
In this broad and exciting role, the main responsibilities will include impeccable diary management, event organisation and creating exciting initiatives to a high standard including: –
- Assistance and support to IT Tribe leads, being the first line of defence and gatekeeper for meeting bookings and appointments
- Office administration.
- Accounts payable duties
- Expense management
- Travel bookings
- Event planning and co-ordination
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Encouraging IT teams to engage and take part in company events and benefits
- Ensuring a tidy, welcoming workplace experience for the IT teams
WHO YOU ARE:
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience as PA/EA and possess a strong background working in a fast-paced environment. With a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience, you will be able to provide clear examples of contributing successfully to your prior organisations. To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Proven PA/EA experience
- Event experience preferred
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment;
- Strong attention to detail
- Solutions focused and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.