Optiver is looking for a versatile, experienced People Operations Lead to join our collaborative Human Resources team in our burgeoning London office. The right individual is a self-starter, innovative, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment as they build out our local HR and People function. This person will be a trusted resource for our employees and a strategic thought partner in UK policy guidance and interpretation and will be responsible for ensuring we have the best and most appropriate procedures and processes. You will also hold responsibility for vendors and helping establish systems locally and internationally.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Be an oracle of knowledge – provide insight and information regarding various HR-related questions and concerns to all levels of staff;
- Help organise our HR function into an efficient, employee-focused solution ready to tackle the challenges of a growing business;
- Build a best-in-class onboarding programme and conduct offboarding tasks;
- Use HR data to provide reports up to executive leadership for key business decisions;
- Help with the rollout of a new HRIS solution;
- Own the immigration process and strategy in partnership with Optiver’s global offices;
- Assist with deciding benefit offerings to staff and maintain broker relationships;
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
- Act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality;
- Assist the Head of Talent in performance management cycles and provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development);
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues;
- Wear multiple hats – provide ad-hoc support for the Human Resources team and collaborative efforts as a firm.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Administration, or equivalent experience;
- Experience in a wide array of areas within HR such as onboarding, benefits, UK visa & immigration, employee relations, training & development, employee relations;
- Working knowledge of benefits plans, benefits-related policies, and associated UK employment law;
- A passion for HR Administration and Operations and an ability to turn complex processes into simple solutions;
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence;
- Experience writing employee handbooks, offer letters, contracts;
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to adapt processes to make sense to our business together with outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software;
- An Understanding of payroll and complex bonus structures;
- Experience of working with colleagues in multiple countries and jurisdictions;
- CIPD Level 5 or higher preferred.
What You’ll Get:
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of London?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.