We are looking for an experienced Windows Engineer to be the main point of contact for IT Infrastructure related questions and projects for the Taipei office.
As a Windows Engineer you will be working with our Windows and Service Desk teams in APAC in a number of IT projects, both related to the local office and also to our growing global team.
You will also be responsible for working with our users to address support related questions, working on requests and assist our Network and Linux teams with equipment commissioning and management.
This is a very hands-on and high impact role. You will be exposed to broad range of technologies, problems and projects and you will be able to see the results of your work immediately.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on IT Infrastructure projects based mostly on Microsoft technologies.
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management.
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests.
- Be part of a small group of owners of the Windows Servers and Clients fleet being responsible for the SOE management including OS, drivers, patching, applications and deployment of those.
- Automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation.
- Racking and stacking of datacenter equipment.
- Build trust and relationships with all users in order to understand needs and priorities.
- Perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of experience working in Windows or Service Desk related role
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or related engineering or science curriculum
- Enjoys constant improvement and working in a clean environment
- Scripting in PowerShell
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 Online Services
- Strong knowledge of SCCMConfig ManagerEndpoint Manager
- Demonstrated experience in PC hardware troubleshooting
WHAT YOU'LL GET
We offer one of the best working environments in APAC. Our flat structure and collaborative approach brings people together, from across the business, to share ideas and solve challenging problems. We know the person closest to a problem knows best, so we give everyone the autonomy and responsibility to drive their own work, whilst ensuring there's mentors around to guide when needed. And we make life a little easier for our people, with a range of benefits you're sure to enjoy.
- Market leading remuneration
- 20 – 30 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Fitness subsidy plus weekly in-house massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and free snacks
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package where necessary.
Optiver encourages Taiwanese nationals and Permanent Residents to apply.