Are you ready for the next step in your career in the field of Automated Trading Risk within a fast-paced, dynamic, and international trading company? We’re the place to be if you are interested in understanding the inner workings and the technology of financial markets, and in playing a fundamental role in making sure that we keep our Automated Trading Risks under control.
As an Automated Trading Risk manager, your mission will be to ensure the automated trading activities operate within the risk appetite established by the Management Board, and identify and advise management where this is not the case.
In this role, you will interact very closely with multiple departments – Trading, Tech, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Compliance. The content you manage is extremely dynamic, so it’s almost guaranteed that no day will be like the other.
You will be empowered to contribute directly, deliver your best work, and shape your role as you develop further, because we don’t want to hire you just to tell you what to do, but so you can also tell us what should be done.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will be spending most of your time on the trading floor, taking the pulse of the business and connecting the dots between what’s going on in the market, in our systems, and how our automated trading risk profile changes based on the activity.
- The team works in operational and project shifts. During operational shifts, you will monitor our ATR systems and make any configuration or input changes required to keep operations smooth and safe. You will flag issues and suggest improvements to our operating model.
- For external ATR controls, you will interface with the counterparties – Exchanges, DMA providers, and Clearing, and ensure proper management of the inputs and configurations.
- For internal ATR controls, you will you will interface with the technology team and own the implementation, including project management aspects. You will raise and escalate issues, stay up to date with the status of the control and of new internal and external developments that can impact it, and drive relevant improvements.
- When ATR incidents occur, you will be the main driver in the root cause analysis, and will identify and coordinate follow-up actions.
- You will define, schedule, and coordinate the execution of testing and assurance plans.
- When onboarding new products or markets, new business activities, or new technologies, you will ensure the emerging ATR risks are properly mitigated.
- You will regularly perform end to end risk reviews on specific ATR topics and report on findings and recommendations to relevant stakeholders and to senior management.
- You will regularly perform data analysis for various purposes and contribute to strengthening our data analysis tooling.
- You will contribute to increasing and improving the Automated Trading Risk and Control awareness within the organization.
- You will report regularly on all work streams to the relevant audiences.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You enjoy an environment that’s moving fast, and taking decisions on the spot does not sound intimidating to you.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and you communicate comfortably with various stakeholders including senior management.
- You’re eager to continuously improve and to help others improve.
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar domain. Previous roles such as risk manager, trader, data scientist, software engineer or QA engineer are a distinctly solid basis.
- You enjoy driving initiatives and managing projects.
- You have an academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Physics, or proven field experience.
- Experience in using Python and SQL is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Automated Trading Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Automated Trading Risk Manager, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.