Are you looking for a team where you can make a real difference and contribute directly? Do you want to be surrounded by people who want to succeed in everything they do? Do you enjoy working with people you can laugh and work hard with? Do you think that laws and regulations should be business enablers and stimulators? Do you feel energized when challenged to enter unchartered territories? Then you could be just the one we’re looking for!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We aim to hire smart people so they can tell us what best to do. Your job within the Compliance Department at Optiver Europe is what you will make of it, but your tasks and responsibilities will at least include:
- Be part of the trading compliance advisory team providing ongoing trading floor advice to our Trading and Technology teams on different Compliance matters, with a focus on algorithmic trading;
- Reviewing, scrutinizing and approving new and existing algorithmic trading strategies;
- Performing compliance risk assessments with a specific focus on market abuse and conduct risks in the algorithmic trading domain;
- Drafting and implementing policies in relation to algorithmic trading and other trading advisory matters;
- Assisting and/or performing desk reviews on compliance with algorithmic trading requirements and other compliance matter;
- Participate in the review and approval of new activities and products;
- Advising the Trading and Technology teams on enhancing the firm’s control framework around algorithmic trading globally;
- Providing technical advice and support to the Compliance team in algorithmic trading matters;
- Responding to regulatory and/or exchange inquiries;
- Providing dedicated compliance training to the Trading and Technology departments;
- Assisting the Compliance team in the identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory changes in relation to algorithmic trading topics and other trading topics as required;
- Provide support and back-up to other trading compliance advisory members;
- Establishing strong relationships with the firm’s CTO and the rest of the Technology department; and
- Mentoring other members of the team on Compliance matters more generally.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8+ years’ experience on an algorithmic trading related role whether gained in a Technology, Trading or Compliance environment
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Affinity with RTS 6 requirements, including governance arrangements and testing requirements
- Basic knowledge of MiFIR and MAR
- A major plus would be knowledge on SEC/CFTC regulations and FINRA rules;
- Experience working at or with exchanges and regulators would be a plus
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment
- An academic degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Econometrics, Computer Science or equivalent or similar knowledge acquired through professional experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required and other languages are always welcome
- Team player with sense of humour and a positive attitude in life
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer – Algorithmic Trading. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer – Algorithmic Trading, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.