WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Middle Office is an independent control department that ensures the integrity of trading positions and accuracy of P&L reporting. You will be part of a small and collaborative team responsible for validating positions and valuations on a daily basis.
Middle Office provides the link between our Front Office (trading) and our Back Office (clearing and finance), and thus requires a strong understanding of financial instruments including their settlement and clearing processes, and trading strategies as well as accounting concepts. We also work closely with Risk, Finance, and IT developers, and perform ad hoc projects using excel, python, SQL and other tools.
The essence of the daily role requires:
- Reconciling trades, closing positions, valuations, between trading and clearers for each trading day
- Reporting and explaining the daily trading P&L
- Data analysis on month-end reports, and other ad hoc projects
- Monthly trading P&L accounting close in GL system
- Working on projects with IT developers for reconciliation system development and procedure improvement to enhance team’s work efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for setup of controls for new business initiatives, ongoing maintenance, and development and improvement thereafter as required.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in either Product Control, Middle Office, Risk Management or a similar type of roles for trading firms, financial engineering firms, banks or investment funds
- Ability to handle data efficiently (excellent Excel skills; experience of VBA, Python, SQL would be a plus)
- An understanding of financial markets, derivative products, control function and accounting concepts
- A pro-active, results-driven attitude
- An inquisitive mindset, strong numerical skills
- Interest in Risk and P&L analysis, problem solving, process and system improvements
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]