WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 36-year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We have an agile and high-performing technical environment that encourages people to adopt new approaches and learn new technologies. We are now looking for a senior Quantitative Engineer to join the China research platform team to solve both data scientific and technical problems. This role will collaborate closely with researchers & traders to build out the research platform that drives that growth. Your responsibilities included:
- Closely collaborate with researchers and traders on new experiments, new capabilities, and new data sources
- Design and implement improvements to optimise researcher productivity and quality
- Blend your own development expertise with the best open-source frameworks and tools
- Drive experimental rigour through repeatable processes on assured data
- Diagnose and resolve any unexpected operational issues
- Leverage cloud infrastructure to solve substantial challenges in computational and data scale
- Integrate to internal & external data sources
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Proficient in designing and implementing distributed data processing systems
- Solid knowledge of various database technology: relational, in-memory, non-relational, etc.
- A decent level of Python development ability, experience with Python data science stack (e.g., Pandas, NumPy and SciPy) is highly desirable
- Experience with engineering business critical real-time ETL pipelines
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtain buy-in
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
In return for you joining our elite team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]