Optiver is a leading, technology-driven, proprietary trading firm. We've traded the world's most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees across Amsterdam, Chicago, London, Shanghai & Sydney. Every day our pioneering trading strategies and systems make millions of trading decisions, each guided by our mission to improve the market.
As a member of the Engineering team at Optiver you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we. No matter if you're patching a server, optimising a low-latency connectivity gateway or network configuration, or prototyping an in-house UI, you can build something in the morning and see it trading that afternoon.
Our Windows Engineers work closely with Trading and Engineering teams to understand the business problems we face and build the solutions to meet them. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our systems. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Windows Engineer to be the main point of contact for IT Infrastructure related questions and projects for the local office.
As a Windows Engineer you will be working with our Windows and Service Desk teams in a number of IT projects, both related to the local office and also to our growing global team.
You will also be responsible for working with our users to address support related questions, working on requests and assist our Network and Linux teams with equipment commissioning and management.
This is a very hands-on and high impact role. You will be exposed to broad range of technologies, problems and projects and you will be able to see the results of your work immediately.
- Work on IT Infrastructure projects based mostly on Microsoft technologies.
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management.
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests.
- Be part of a small group of owners of the Windows Servers and Clients fleet being responsible for the SOE management including OS, drivers, patching, applications and deployment of those.
- Automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation.
- Racking and stacking of datacentre equipment.
- Build trust and relationships with the al users in order to understand needs and priorities.
- Perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards.
What You'll Get
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply.