Optiver’s Office Operations team is responsible for the physical space, health & safety, security, travel, events, hospitality, catering and office administration. As the manager of Office Operations in our new Austin office, the successful candidate will need to be both hands on day-to-day and skilled at executing our goal of creating a best-in-class employee, candidate and guest experience.
A highly visible and interactive role, this person will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to develop an office environment that aligns to our culture of high performance and high reward. This role will be varied and we are looking for someone who is eager to get stuck into both the operational and strategic sides of Office Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership, planning and execution of all Office Operations initiatives, such as:
- Facilities management
- Personnel moves
- Front of house and receptionist duties during the initial phase of our office opening
- External vendor management
- Health & safety
- Office administration
- On-site daily catering and provision of food & beverages
- Local support for travel and events
- Establish and maintain effective communication and strong relationships across the organisation with the goal of creating a best-in-class employee experience.
- In partnership with Optiver’s Head of Office Operations, establish high-level goals, policies and processes based on business impact and return on investment.
- Provide oversight on all aspects of space planning, including working with business leaders to understand ongoing short and long-term space requirements, tracking and reporting on occupancy/capacity, and working with external partners including building management, general contractors and individual trades.
- Support senior leader alignment and communication around any office or space renovations and act as point of escalation on such projects.
- Monitor SLAs, KPIs and contractual agreements of external partners. Where required, evaluate alternative providers and support necessary change management.
- Oversee the local Office Operations budget ensuring the proper procedures are in place to track, analyse and report costs on a regular basis.
- Partner with IT Operations on crossover facilities projects.
- Align office administration with the overarching approach and utilization of applications across Optiver offices.
- Support Optiver’s travel and events teams with local research, planning and day-of supervision/execution.
- Collaborate with Recruitment and HR to find on-going opportunities to support a strong culture and retention of top talent, ensuring an excellent employee experience.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, start-up style environment.
- Solid experience with facilities management, remodeling and restacks.
- An understanding of building infrastructure fundamentals.
- Experience with travel logistics, catering/hospitality and event management.
- High resiliency to competing priorities and uncompromising focus on quality.
- Ability to build strong relationships and credibility across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills.
- Patience and understanding when analysing data and its use in critical problem solving.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.