At Optiver, no two days are the same. As a Campus Recruiter you will be responsible for hiring into our Internship and Graduate programs, as well as attracting top talent to our early engagement initiatives. Have an innovative idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – we believe in autonomy, ownership and providing a platform for everyone to make an impact. We know our best work is done together, so you’ll both collaborate with and mentor other Campus Recruiters too.
Who are we
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. From our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney, we provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value.
What you will do
The recruitment team in Amsterdam is formed of specialists that work across our three departments: Trading, Technology and Business Operations. The core focus of the campus recruitment team is identifying and securing top talent from all over the globe to join our early career opportunities. To help us achieve our goals, your responsibilities may include:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with top tier universities and targeted student groups (study associations);
- Planning and executing on-campus and in-house activities/events for students including delivering company presentations, attending career fairs and hosting in-house days;
- Developing innovative recruitment strategies supported by data-driven insights;
- Utilising your creativity and critical eye to constantly evaluate how we can improve and expand our operations and attraction activities;
- Traveling across Europe, the UK and India during peak seasons;
- Exercising your interviewing toolkit – combing accurate assessment with a top candidate experience;
- Mentoring and supporting the development of colleagues;
- Building effective relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Taking part and/or take ownership in different recruitment projects like interview quality, employer branding, candidate experience and diversity & inclusion.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (WO/HBO);
- A minimum of 3 years of recruitment experience (ideally graduate/campus, in-house);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility with regards to working hours, as events and traveling can take place during the evening and weekends;
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for international vacancies;
- A desire to work in a high-paced and dynamic working environment;
- Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with often challenging deadlines;
- An appetite to utilise data to inform strategic thinking and decision making;
- Cultural sensitivity, including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
What you’ll get
We understand that our best work is done together, this means that you will be part of ambitious and fun recruitment team who work together on getting the best people in. We constantly ask ourselves how to do better, which creates a stimulating and fun environment, where you are seriously rewarded for your performance. To be concrete, we offer competitive remuneration and great secondary benefits, such as an attractive profit-sharing structure, training opportunities, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, a premium-free pension, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, even weekly chair massages and of course Friday afternoon drinks. We are used to guiding expats through their relocation and offer relocation packages and discounts on health insurance.
If you are interested, please apply directly below by uploading your CV and cover letter in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. If you have any questions feel free to contact Casper Hamburger ([email protected]).
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.