US Senior Institutional Options Sales Trader
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Institutional Trading teams are central to that success, trading directly with 600+ counterparties across the globe. As we continue to scale, we are looking for highly-motivated, experienced sales traders with a desire to work in an autonomous environment. Entrepreneurism and creativity is encouraged, and your influence will directly impact trading decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with institutional counterparties in the listed US options space
- Work closely with traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and liquidity offering
- Develop participant profiles, reports and analyses on counterparties
- Actively update and manage a CRM system
- Attend and participate in conferences and seminars
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in a sales trading role covering buy-side firms, with a focus on US index/equity options
- Strong knowledge about the cash equity options market and its participants at the various exchanges
- Leverage existing contacts within index and equity options buy-side community, and the capability to build new relationships
- Able to manage the organization of events and effectively present material
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Competitive attitude, eagerness to constantly improve, team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the equity options markets
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
Annual base salary range of $150,000 – $175,000 + discretionary bonus eligibility. Offers to be determined based on experience, education and skill set.