At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Receptionist you are the first point of contact for all visitors and your colleagues. You will connect with all of them and make them feel welcome. Your responsibilities will include office management tasks as well. To be successful in this role, you should be representative, enthusiastic, open minded and well-organized. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this is your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Together with the security host you will man the Front Desk and ensure everybody receives a warm welcome at Optiver. In this role you will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- First point of contact for all visitors and colleagues;
- Deal with all incoming communication (phone, e-mail, mail);
- Take ownership of the front desk and ensure it runs smoothly;
- Office management tasks;
- Ensure efficient communication with other departments;
- Act as ambassador for Optiver
WHO YOU ARE:
- An experienced receptionist with approximately 5 years of experience;
- Hospitality is in your DNA;
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written in English (Dutch is not a requirement but a nice to have);
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Service-orientated with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to work both collaboratively as individually, with a drive to improve;
- Ability to multi task;
- Positive mindset, self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Based in the Netherlands and don't require visa sponsorship.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Receptionist. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Receptionist, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.