WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Writer, you will join our fast-paced Sydney office to create and enhance our technical documentation about our industry-leading, globally distributed, low-latency, market making platform for internal use. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with and interview technical end users to understand their problems; build and organise our technical knowledge base; write policies, proposals, user manuals and tutorials and create structure in our strategic communications. As we continue to grow and scale, we need our documentation to scale as well. In order to ensure this, you will work in partnership with our engineers and see the impact of your work every day. Other responsibilities include:
- Set the architectural direction for our documentation and take responsibility for the delivery of structure in this space.
- Write large portions of our technical documentation including policies, manuals, guides and tutorials which focus on the details of our globally distributed trading platform.
- Build partnerships across the business to ensure we're able to document all parts of our systems.
- Help ensure quality documentation is contributed and maintained by others.
- Contribute to our never ending goal of continuous improvement by providing feedback and ideas on where our documentation can be improved.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Solid technical writing experience in a large IT environment, ideally 500+ users.
- Experience creating technical documentation for various technology focused audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Basic understanding of programming languages and/or computer science fundamentals.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python.
- Able to produce graphical content (images, diagrams, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with documentation and publishing platforms such as ReadTheDocs.
- Video or audio editing experience.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.