Senior Technical Writer
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets worldwide, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,400 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improving the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to seed the creation of a new content team. As our first ever technical writing hire, your role will be part strategic and part individual contribution, wherein you’ll spend time writing documentation, as well as driving decisions on how documentation should be architected, managed and written. You’ll partner with our senior engineering leadership and work closely with end users to develop a culture of effective knowledge sharing. We believe this work is key to scaling our business, and you'll see the impact every day.
- Define, deliver and own the information architecture strategy, content management workflows and tooling, and tone of voice guidelines.
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation covering product guides, policies, handbooks and tutorials for an internal audience.
- Collaborate with engineers, traders and non-technical stakeholders to enhance our technical documentation based on new requirements and feedback.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documentation written by non-writers and coach them on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Build partnerships across the business to both identify areas where you can add value and to drive awareness of great documentation.
- Contribute to our never-ending goal of continuous improvement by providing feedback and ideas on how we can improve our documentation.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- You have 3+ years of technical writing experience in an IT environment.
- You have excellent technical writing skills and have a track record of building an understanding of the technologies you have written about.
- You are familiar with computer science fundamentals and are comfortable reading at least one programming language.
- You are familiar with the docs-as-code workflow (e.g., Markdown, git).
- You are able to plan and prioritize effectively, organize tasks and manage competing resources and demands.
- You are highly collaborative and can communicate with clarity and influence.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.