WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35 year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Embodying the intersection of East-meets-West values, Optiver Shanghai is a true international experience. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As an operational risk analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the China ORM functions. Some of the things you could be involved in are:
- Contribute to the integrity of our Control Framework, managing operational risks for all departments
- Provide inputs to refine internal departments’ operational risk procedures and conduct regular risk review
- Manage key risks for local Leadership Management Team and facilitate local Risk & Compliance Committee meetings
WHO YOU ARE:
- A minimum of 3 years related working experience in financial institutions, including futures firms/security firms/investment firms/banks, in ORM functions
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in a relevant field
- Good knowledge of internal control requirements and general ORM operations
- A detail-oriented and analytical mindset
- High integrity and professional ethics; good team player
- Self-motivation – ability to manage and prioritize multiple on-going projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders while challenging the status quo
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
HOW TO APPLY:
If you’re interested in taking your career to one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via our website: www.optiver.com. While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit your resume in English.
We will carefully review your application against our recruitment criteria. If we think you could be a good fit, you’ll hear from us sooner than you might expect!
For any other inquiries, please email: [email protected]