Quantitative Trader Intern (Summer 2023 – Chicago)
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
Get ready for ten weeks immersed in the fast-paced, dynamic world of market making. As a Quantitative Trader Intern, you’ll spend the summer learning trading fundamentals, trading on simulated markets and completing projects in quantitative research, data science and financial modeling. Plus, you’ll be paired with an experienced trader to gain exposure to different trading desks and experience the financial markets firsthand.
Our internship is an expedited training program that’ll put you on the fast track to your career as a trader. Experience the thrill of tight feedback loops and working hand-in-hand with our full-time teams to explore life at a leading market maker. If you’re looking to work in a challenging environment and have a passion for solving complex problems, apply today to kick-start your future.
Who you are:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in a STEM field
- Sophomore or Junior standing with a graduation date of December 2023 to June 2025
- Superior quantitative and logical reasoning skills
- Interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Experience programming or scripting a plus
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Optiver-covered flights, living accommodations and commuting stipends (where applicable)
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one trading application per role per year. If you have previously applied to a trading position in any office during this season and have been unsuccessful or have taken our Zyvo assessment within the past 12 months, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.