Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
The DevOps Team designs and develops custom software tools to support the needs and processes of Optiver's engineering teams including: Site Reliability, Linux, Windows, and the Network operations teams. We are key drivers of our principled operational culture, and use our technical expertise to influence design decisions for the entirety of our operations infrastructure. We work on a broad spectrum of problems across the entire stack, designing and creating custom solutions from the ground up.
As an intern you’ll work closely with development and operations teams to identify the business problems we face, and we build the tooling and infrastructure to overcome these challenges. Get ready to apply a disciplined and principled approach to operations engineering, creating simple and robust solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our production environment. We solve problems which really matter to the business, and take pride in the quality of our solutions.
Technology at Optiver:
As an engineer, you are a maker at heart. And at Optiver you will have the opportunity to take ownership of complex problems and craft solutions—to make stuff—from day one. Every day will bring fresh challenges that demand even fresher thinking. And the proprietary trading systems you build will directly impact financial markets that—either directly or indirectly—touch the lives of millions of people.
Who you are:
- Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Have an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
- Experience scripting in Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Interest in operating systems and network architectures
- Ability to learn quickly and autonomously
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Optiver-covered flights, living accommodations and commuting stipends (where applicable)
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to the DevOps Software Engineer Internship position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.