Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
Optiver is looking for a motivated and driven intern with a strong research background to join our high-performing Compliance Team. As Compliance Intern, you will apply a keen eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills to support the key functions and success of our Compliance Team.
- Monitor and assess the firm’s trade activity through an internal system whose reports cover areas such as market maker obligations and market manipulation
- Assist with the preparation of responses to formal investigations and other regulatory inquiries from various exchanges and FINRA
- Develop deep understanding of our Compliance Team objectives and functions, providing strong support to a number of on-going initiatives
- Assist with regulatory exams and audits
- Review internally designed exception reports
- Review and clarify proposed industry rules for applicability
- Facilitate rule interpretation, continuing education and best business practices through training and issuance of compliance memos
- Manage form filings, securities registration/licensing, and SRO Exchange registration through the FINRA Web CRD portal
- Understand the functions performed by the various teams such as Trading, Technology and Operations
Who you are:
- 2nd or 3rd year law student preferred
- Self-motivation – you will manage and prioritize multiple, on-going projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent eye for detail and high level of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – strong capabilities in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills with an emphasis on follow-through
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Optiver-covered flights, living accommodations and commuting stipends (where applicable)
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.