Options Market Maker
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
We have a performance-driven culture and continually strive for enhanced knowledge, improved systems and streamlined processes. We are passionate about creating value for the business and supporting the continued success of Optiver. We believe in people with ideas who challenge the status quo and want to help you reach your potential. We also have an extensive list of amazing perks, designed to keep our employees happy and healthy while they work.
About the job
We have an opportunity for an experienced Options Market Maker to join the team and improve us further. You will make markets in Options across target markets as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
In this broad and exciting role, the main responsibilities will include:
- Make markets in Options across target markets, optimising pricing and execution.
- Develop market making strategies in target markets
- Management of risk and execution of trading portfolio
- Improve intraday trading performance
- Work collaboratively with Developers to implement/improve trading strategies.
- Use data to gather insights, improve decision making and performance
- Be a subject matter expert on your given market and asset class.
- Drive continuous improvement
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a market making role
- Significant trading experience at a market maker / prop trading firm or global top tier bank / hedge fund
- Track record of strong intraday trading performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the market and an understanding of how markets function and the opportunities present
- Strong and responsible risk appetite
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion for trading, and a strong desire to continuously improve
- Collaborative attitude and continuous improvement mindset
Desirable, but not essential:
- Familiarity and strength in coding, with Python, R or other languages
- Knowledge and experience of other products/asset classes
- Familiarity with the large flows that occur in the market and motivations for market behaviour
- Experience mentoring or training juniors
What we offer
- Strong collaboration
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Generous benefits
- Leadership and growth opportunities
Our flat structure makes it easier to get things done. Everyone is empowered to deliver significant changes, supported by your team and your leaders. We value people who are committed to always delivering their best work, so we give people the autonomy to deliver solutions and direct their own career.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals to apply.