Are you a financial professional with a flexible mind and an eager to develop yourself? Are you accurate and can you easily connect the dots? Would you like to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment? Then you might be our new Financial Accountant, joining the Finance team!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
The Finance team provides reliable and timely management information that lays the foundation to drive business decisions at Optiver. Currently, the team consists of finance professionals who are responsible for accounting, controlling and (regulatory) reporting. Although each team member may focus on specific topics, we work together to achieve our goals, supporting each other on a daily basis. Your role will be a combination of supporting the financial closing processes, impactful projects and hands-on accounting and reporting tasks. In close collaboration with our other financial accountants and controllers, you will help Optiver bring the Finance team to the next level.
As we are strong believers of continuous development of both the organisation and individuals it is also our goal to further improve the team dynamics. Ultimately forging a team that is self-sufficient in its daily operations and continuously provides its own natural successors for all positions. Providing a learning and growth experience from both a technical capabilities and a soft skills perspective for all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist in the monthly financial close process to assure high quality and timely management information;
- Develop accounting knowledge and understanding of Finance processes;
- Prepare accounting entries and maintaining reconciliations;
- Prepare payments for settlements and cash management;
- Process bank statements;
- Prepare cash and KPI reports;
- Support finance business objectives and participate in project teams;
- Assist with yearly and quarterly audit.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Maximum of 3 years of work experience;
- A Bachelor or Master degree in finance, accounting or business;
- High level of attention to detail and a structured way of working;
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment;
- Exhibit a proactive and collaborative way of working;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English;
- Interest in financial markets;
- Interest in financial reporting and internal controls.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Financial Accountant. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Financial Accountant, you may be required to take an (online) assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.