Senior Middle Office Analyst
Are you intrigued by the financial markets and ready for the next step in your career? Do you think in detail as well as in concepts and do you like to investigate while working in a fast-paced and international trading company? Then you just might be our new colleague in the MidOffice team!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are looking for a pro-active and well-structured Senior Middle Office Analyst with a good understanding of our business to join our Middle Office Product Control team in Amsterdam. In this role we expect you to set up new processes, further improve controls, contribute to internal projects and work on your own projects together with our Tech team.
As Senior Middle Office Analyst, you will be part of a team of experienced professionals that work closely with our traders and other stakeholders, both inside and outside of the organization. In order to enable the growth ambitions of our Trading teams we continuously optimize processes and applications. Ever increasing volumes of data volumes require a mindset and focus on automation of processes.
As we are strong believers of continuous development of both the organization and individuals it is also our goal to improve the team dynamics. Ultimately forging a team that is self-sufficient in its daily operations and has continuous natural successors for all positions, providing for a learning and growth experience for all team members from both a technical capabilities and a soft skills perspective.
As our Senior Middle Office Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Balance sheet reporting oversight (liaising with Trading and Finance);
- P&L reporting (reviewing work of team members);
- Taking the lead in collaboration with Middle Office tech team;
- Represent Middle Office in new business initiatives projects;
- Leading projects to automate and improve processes;
- Responsible for setup of controls for new business initiatives, ongoing maintenance, and development and improvement thereafter as required;
- Design and review regulatory reporting;
- Mentoring juniors.
While working in the Middle Office Product Control you will interact with traders, risk managers, Finance, vendors, management, supervisory authorities and many other stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Academic degree in an area related to Finance / Data Analytics / Technology;
- 4-8 years working experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Advanced programming skills in order to streamline and automate manual processes (e.g. VBA, Python etc);
- In-depth knowledge of financial products and markets;
- A pro-active, results-driven attitude;
- An inquisitive mindset and strong numerical skills;
- Ability to work accurately, to take initiative and to show assertiveness;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to operate as a true team player and mentor.
- An innovative mindset with a drive to reduce repetitive work through automation.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Senior Mid Office Product Control Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Claire van Raay via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Senior Mid Office Product Control Analyst, you may be required to take an (online) assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.