WHO WE ARE
At Optiver, continuous improvement runs through everything we do. Through investment in people, technology and our working environment we have nurtured a culture of that encourages teamwork, innovation and enjoyment of work. As our business continues to grow and diversify, we are exposed to an ever-growing range of markets and risks.
In response to this we are growing our market risk management team. We are looking for someone with genuine passion for financial markets, who can bring fresh ideas to the team and contribute to Optiver’s risk management activities. The team operates in a fast-paced environment, so you’ll need great analytical and problem solving skills as well as the aptitude and attention to detail to make quick calculations and decisions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Controlling market risks for our options positions
- Improving the existing market risk management governance and control framework
- Advising on limit requests, policies and methodologies with a focus on options strategies
- Providing Risk advice and views to trading teams and management for options-related positions and risks.
- Taking the lead on risk projects that involve multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Mentoring more junior members of the Risk Management team
WHO YOU ARE:
To excel in this role, you ideally have 5+ years of experience in a trading, market risk or portfolio manager role with a specific focus on option trading.
- Curiosity – eager to learn, seeks out information
- Drive for success – Proactive, shows initiative, gets results
- Collaboration – works well with others both within the team and in other teams
- Resilience – able to bounce back from setbacks. Able to stand your ground in discussions
- Growth Mindset – able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself. Always looking to improve.
- Critical Mindset – looking for why something could be wrong rather than why it must be right.
- Integrity – acting honestly in all dealings.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
If you are up to this challenge please apply now; you’ll find yourself solving dynamic, stimulating problems in an energetic and driven team. On top of this we offer:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.