At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Corporate Recruiter, you will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates within the Business Operations department. You will act as a business partner for internal stakeholders and use your expertise to help them with their recruitment needs. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this will be your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
WHO ARE WE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The recruitment team in Amsterdam is 18 people strong working across our three departments: Trading, Tech and Business Operations. In this role you will be working together in a small team focusing on the recruitment for Business Operations vacancies. You will have a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- End-to-end recruitment for positions in Business Operations. This includes roles within HR, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Risk, Finance, Middle Office etc.;
- You will take ownership of the entire candidate experience, from initial engagement through assessment and to offer stage, ensuring a swift process;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders in your domain;
- Develop innovative recruitment strategies to reach new talent and drive data-driven decisions;
- Taking part and/or take ownership in different Recruitment projects like interview quality, interview process optimization and diversity & inclusion.
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Corporate Recruiter to be someone with:
- A Bachelor’s or Master's degree (WO/HBO);
- A minimum of 1 year of recruitment experience (in-house or agency side);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch proficiency is a plus;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Experience and solid understanding of how to source, screen and recruit for international vacancies;
- A demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with often challenging deadlines;
- Cultural sensitivity, including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Corporate Recruiter. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Lilian van Riel via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Corporate Recruiter, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.