Optiver is looking for Equity Derivatives Sales professionals to join our Execution Services team. In this role you will leverage your market understanding and relationships to drive profitability. This is an exciting opportunity to help scale our growing institutional business.
Who we are:
At Optiver, our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. We tackle the toughest problems, challenge the status quo and always aim for excellence. As one of the largest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe.
What you’ll do:
Members of our Equity Derivatives Sales team will be responsible for helping to shape the future of our institutional business. In this role, you will also:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with institutional counterparties in the listed US options space
- Work closely with traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and liquidity offering
- Executing trades and handling day-to-day transaction needs for institutional counterparties
- Understanding and analyzing current market activities, trends and trading strategies
- Working on projects to further develop our current business and helping to grow the business into new markets
Who you are:
- 2-8+ years of experience in an equity derivatives sales role covering buy-side firms, with a focus on US index/equity
- Strong knowledge about the cash equity options market and its participants at the various exchanges
- Leverage existing contacts within index and equity options buy-side community, and the capability to build new relationships
- Able to manage the organization of events and effectively present material
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Competitive attitude, eagerness to constantly improve, team player who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Legal Authorization to work in the US
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this, you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply one year after that attempt.
At Optiver, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Optiver recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or other legally protected characteristics.