Options Strategy Researcher
WHO WE ARE:
At Optiver, trading is our business, and we believe that to be competitive, we need to adapt, innovate, and continuously improve. Our strategy research team combines data and a systematic approach to identify opportunities in the market. Then, we iterate on these ideas to maximise the performance of our strategies. This is where you come in!
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world. Set against the backdrop of one of the world’s most liveable cities, life at Optiver Sydney offers unlimited access to world-class activities. We’re surrounded by a plethora of bars, restaurants, cafes, shops, gyms and more. And with picturesque beaches and national parks right on our doorstep, there’s always something new to discover.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with traders, researchers, and developers to develop new trading strategies.
- Leverage your data analysis skills to improve existing strategies and identify opportunities for new ones.
- Work on a broad range of projects from in-depth event analysis to developing new ultra-low latency trading strategies.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify opportunities analysing large datasets.
- Scientific and critical thinking skills and an eye for detail.
- Outstanding communication skills. You’re able to coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups, challenging thinking and obtaining buy-in.
- The ability to present complex ideas with data to expedite decision making.
- A focus on pragmatic outcomes, and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Experience with Python (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy) or other data science toolkits (R, Matlab).
- An interest in algorithmic trading systems and high frequency trading.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.