Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
What we are looking for:
Optiver’s Tax team is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to assist in all tax accounting, compliance, and position documentation. As the Senior Tax Accountant, you will gain exposure to the many facets of Optiver’s business and have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of tax projects.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated and organized professional with a passion for tax. This candidate must have ASC 740 tax provision experience and a strong desire to learn.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly tax provision and all corresponding tax adjustment calculations
- Work closely with Optiver’s Finance team to maintain tax information in the general ledger (specifically, providing the journal entries for the tax provision)
- Reconciliation and maintenance of tax accounts
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining controls over tax accounts
- Liaise with Optiver’s third party tax advisors to complete all US, UK and NL tax compliance
- Assist in documenting tax positions
- Aid in audit defense, including responding to information requests
- Perform ad hoc tax research on a wide array of topics including state tax, global mobility, etc.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or tax and 2+ years of related experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Detail-oriented, highly analytical and can independently problem solve
- Ability to organize and interpret large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and ability to stay organized
- Flexible when faced with changing/competing priorities
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable communicating complex tax matters