To keep pace with the ever-changing markets, Optiver must always react with speed, and therefore has traditionally takes an in-house approach to building, analysing, managing and improving our custom infrastructure. Our technological independence enables us to evolve our systems on a daily basis, operating with tight feedback loops and quick development cycles. The challenge is balancing innovation with reliability and performance in such a complex, time-pressured environment – and that's exactly where you come in.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a senior level IT Procurement Specialist to join the ITFM function within our Data Center Engineering team. With trading systems hosted in data centers around the world, ensuring that the right equipment is in the right place to support Optiver's growing business needs is one of Infrastructure's biggest challenges.
A successful candidate will directly impact our bottom line by optimizing our infrastructure projects and improve collaboration with key vendors to ensure that we receive the best value from all of our hardware, software and service purchases. You’ll make sure we are always aware of news like new offerings or supply-chain challenges which could impact the firm's business.
- Ensure that Optiver gets exceptional value from its IT spend by tracking the performance of vendors and service providers against key indicators like price, delivery timelines, equipment reliability and support effectiveness.
- Facilitate day-to-day purchasing procedures, such as the purchase approval process, careful receipting of shipments and invoice matching.
- Develop expedite strategies for each vendor to ensure that, when Optiver needs to shift its priorities, we can get equipment or services wherever they are needed to meet urgent needs of the business.
- Perform market research to ensure we're always working with the best vendors and resellers for Optiver's needs.
- Work closely with internal Legal and Finance teams to facilitate and optimize vendor onboarding and purchasing processes plus ensure that the firm's interests are protected without impacting delivery timelines.
- Improve spending visibility for management and trading desks by keeping an organized and structured overview of paid expenses and upcoming costs
- Hands on coordination with our shipping partners on pick-up, delivery and other logistical tasks
- Closely work with our shipping partners to handle logistical challenges originating from multiple trade and/or tax regions
- Partner with colleagues in Data Center Engineering and other Infrastructure teams on the delivery of goods and administering of equipment once it has arrived
- Partner with infrastructure teams to project future orders and mitigate supply chain issues
Who you are:
- Experience facilitating RFx processes for a similar-sized technology driven company.
- Experience developing a risk-based approach to supplier selection and management.
- Experience negotiating complex, high value service contracts.
- Experience solving complicated supply-chain or import/export challenges.
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to quickly become conversant in new technologies.
- Experience with procurement and asset/inventory management software.
- Experience working with the logistical challenges inherent in supporting remote data centers.
- Proven track record building solid vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. English fluency is required, Dutch language fluency is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of IT Procurement Specialist please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.