At Optiver, we seek to continuously improve our approach to pricing, execution and risk management. We believe that the rigor with which we approach these problems is a source of competitive edge. We have an appetite to diversify and improve and are always looking for great new talent to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our trading team. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an Single-Stock Options Trader to join our rapidly growing team in Amsterdam.
What you’ll do:
- Market make options in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Optimize current trading strategy and contribute to trading ideas
- Create structured, sustainable, longer term improvements that generate strong results
- Contribute to the future direction of the team through new strategies and ideas
Who you are:
The ideal candidate will have strong Options and product knowledge in either equity or index options. You will be a natural problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. You’re a strong performer with a passion for trading and eagerness to learn and continually improve. We work very collaboratively at Optiver, so this role will suit someone who enjoys working in a team, sharing knowledge and learning from others.
In terms of qualifications, we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working as a position/market maker in the single-stock options space
- Track record of strong performance
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the market making space, and a broad understanding of how markets function
- Strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- A passion for trading
- Fast decision-making skills, and the ability to handle a high volume trades – often simultaneously
- Team mentality and collaborative nature
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll get:
- The chance to join a growing team, working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Senior Options Trader. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Cameron Marett via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.