Ready for the next step in your career in the field of Risk management within a global trading company? We’re the place to be if you are interested in understanding the inner workings and the technology of financial markets.
We’ve been trading the world’s most competitive markets for over 35 years, having grown from a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam's European Option Exchange, to over 1000 employees around the globe.
- Our cutting-edge trading systems make billions of decisions every single day.
- Our mission: Improve the Markets.
- Our most valuable asset: our talented people, their brilliant minds, energy, hard work, creative thinking, collaborative yet competitive spirit and entrepreneurship.
If the thought of direct impact, early responsibility, entrepreneurship, and fast career progression in a truly meritocratic environment excites you, then you will enjoy being part of our team!
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
For our Amsterdam office, we are currently looking to expand our Operational Risk Management (“ORM”) team. You will play a fundamental role in continuously growing, improving, and embedding the Risk Framework in the organization. In doing so, you will have a broad outreach to the entire organization, closely interacting with all Trading, Tech, Data Analysis, and other Risk teams. Our flat structure makes it easy to work in this set-up and enables you to quickly build a network and immerse yourself in our culture.
Based on the Trading Floor, it’s guaranteed that no day will be like the other.
You will be empowered to contribute directly, deliver your best work, shape your role as you develop further and learn, learn and learn.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating the Risk and Control Assessment processes;
- Data analysis and reporting on controls, risks, KRIs and incidents;
- You will also get to analyze incidents up-close and coordinate investigations;
- You are in a Risk Role, and hence you will spend much time challenging ideas and plans, and looking for what can go wrong;
- A new business activity might be planned, or a new technology or market might be onboarded, for which you will help assess any emerging risks.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology;
- Analytical and inquisitive mind-set and a good eye for detail;
- Pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- An affinity for optimizing tooling and data handling;
- An academic degree in STEM subject or equivalent with only excellent results.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Operational Risk Manager. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Jolijn Kruyne at [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.