Our Enterprise Infrastructure team is responsible for Storage, our Fibre Channel Network, our VMware environment, back-up systems and all Windows Servers. They are adept at taking industry solutions and customizing them to create a best-in-class infrastructure. You will help enable our technology evolution while ensuring the availability and performance of our systems. We are looking for a talented Windows Operations SRE to join them and work across a host of challenges.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll do:
- Design and configure monitoring systems for storage, VMware and Windows systems
- Overhaul our VMware environment
- Contribute to our Disaster Recovery and Business continuity practices within the infrastructure domain
- Actively play a role in hardening our security infrastructure
- Automate build, configuration, deployment and administration tasks using Python and PowerShell
- Describe the environment in an infrastructure-as-code system
- Fixing incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing the system capacity
Who you are:
- Good knowledge of Windows servers and systems like Active Directory, DNS, SCOM, SQL Server;
- A focus on automating and solid scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell and/or Python);
- Configuration management tooling (e.g. PowerShell DSC);
- Knowledge of virtualization and networking, specifically VMware;
- Confident with backup solutions (i.e. Commvault);
- Familiarity cloud providers like AWS is preferred;
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills,
- Thrives in a continuous improvement focused environment, with a clear sense of ownership and accountability
- You embrace feedback and believe in a no-blame culture
What you'll get:
The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Windows Operations SRE Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Windows Operations SRE you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.