The User Solutions Team has a dual function; to ensure our employees can have maximum productivity at all times and to build tooling to improve the user experience across trading, technology and business operations.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will act as the primary point of contact to our users on their requests and incidents related to IT and Trading Technology but are also interested in identifying or developing your own tools to ensure these problems are not repeated.
- Provide exceptional user support for incoming requests, incidents, and issues across the business from technology to trading to back office;
- Take accountability of all requests and incidents and communicate about the progress of such requests;
- Perform daily assessments to ensure the environment is running in an optimal state and identify initiatives that result in a more reliable environment and a better experience for our users through adoption of technology or proprietary tool development;
- Act as a bridge, communicate and align with other technical teams and vendors in order to provide the proper solution;
- Responsible for updating, improving and maintaining the automated process for onboarding, visitors, transfers, and others, all of them based on PowerShell scripts;
- License Management; AD User, Groups and GPOs Management; File Services management via DSC PowerShell.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong experience with end user support on all sort of endpoints such as desktops, laptops, non-trading applications, mobile devices and printers, as well as with services and solutions like accounts, groups, policies, file services, different types of software and business applications;
- Developing or scripting experience (PowerShell, Python or similar) with an ability and willingness to build proprietary tools;
- A problem-solving and continuous improvement mentality and an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code;
- Experience with Windows maintenance and troubleshooting plus an understanding of networking connectivity, hardware and OS;
- Ideally previous experience with Microsoft SCCM or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Intune, Office 365, Exchange operations, Active Directory and VMWare Horizon;
- Experience with e-mail Phishing analysis and SCOM alerts management;
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills;
- The ability to multitask and handle priorities in collaboration with other teams.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Support Engineer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Support Engineer, you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.