Optiver’s User Solutions Team has a dual function: ensuring our employees can maintain maximum productivity at all times, and building tooling that improves their user experience. While working closely with our Enterprise, Trading and Business Teams, you will establish, automate and build end-to-end solutions from scratch. To enable our ambitious trading goals, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring our technology remains reliable, low latency and optimised to suit our business needs.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Collaboration Engineer at Optiver, you will oversee the maintenance and growth of our core internal collaboration tools that enable Business, Technical, and Enterprise Teams to work together more effectively. You will own our Atlassian stack as a primary responsibility and eventually grow into other areas of our infrastructure team.
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact in order to optimise tasks, task management and user experiences
- Provision backups and compliance retention for user collaboration tools
- Own configuration best practices, product evolution planning, and server-side troubleshooting
- Jira workflow standardization, limiting the number of custom fields, plugin review and decision-making,
- Design and maintain communications tools spanning email, instant messaging, task management (JIRA), mobile device management, VC, telephone services, and video conferencing.
- Acting as an end-to-end owner in administering Jira and Confluence
- Manage these systems in regards to user support, integration and licensing
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a problem-solving and continuous improvement mindset with an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code practices
- Experience with at least language used for automation (Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience creating user-facing documentation for training and improve user experience for Atlassian services
- A demonstrated background in software support, technical application usage and technical troubleshooting
- Experience working with software support tools in Atlassian application infrastructure such as JIRA, Confluence or similar products
- Strong communication skills to work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
- A problem-solving and user-first mentality
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Collaboration Engineer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected].
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.