User Endpoint Engineer
The User Solutions Team has a dual function; to ensure our employees can have maximum productivity at all times and to build tooling to improve their user experience. While working closely with enterprise, trading and business teams you'll be establishing, automating and building end to end solutions from scratch. Our technology is reliable, low latency, and fundamental to our business, so you will play a vital part in ensuring sure we meet our trading goals.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with business focused technology teams to fix incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing system capacity;
- Own operating systems and underlying machine layers across all user endpoints, as well as their licensing
- Have a concentrated focus on workstation security patching and hardening at the OS and machine layer
- Optimize trading workstation performance monitoring and engineering
- Act as a primary point of contact for user workspace configuration management
- Perform daily assessments to ensure the environment is running in an optimal state
- Identify initiatives that result in a more reliable environment and a better experience for our users through adoption of technology or proprietary tool development
WHO YOU ARE:
- A problem-solving and continuous improvement mentality and an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code practices
- Experience with the machine later and understand how applications are running and how best they're assigned across different technology.
- Previous exposure to Active Directory and VMWare or equivalent virtual desktop environments
- Understanding of software management automation platforms or apps, such as Chocolatey, Amulet Hotkey, Teradici or other similar tools.
- High attention to detail coupled with strong communication skills
- Automation scripting experience (Python or Powershell ideally)
- The ability to multitask and prioritize in collaboration with other teams
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of User Endpoint Engineer. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Ruby Mulvaney via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of User Endpoint Engineer you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.