WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Delta 1 team trades Futures, ETFs, and Equities on the major financial exchanges in Asia. You will collaborate closely with a highly skilled group of Quantitative Researchers, Traders and Engineers as you build out a world-class research platform for our Delta 1 pricing models and trading strategies. The role will challenge you to solve complex problems in how we develop and evaluate pricing models, how we acquire and best utilise new data sources, and how we optimise between delivery time and building out components for longer term success. You will be working with a passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on those same problems, from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Your daily work will include:
- Designing and delivering research services that optimise researcher productivity and quality.
- Blending your own development expertise with the best open-source frameworks and tools.
- Driving experimental rigour through repeatable processes on assured data.
- Leveraging cloud infrastructure to solve substantial challenges in computational and data scale.
- And integrating to internal and external data sources.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be motivated by working closely in an expert group to directly improve our business, and enjoy the challenge of continually improving against our competition. This is an engineering role; quant experience is useful and will help you get up to speed faster, but we are most interested in your engineering acumen, drive and collaboration. We welcome applications from good engineers new to quantitative work, and are looking for:
- 5 + years software engineering expertise using Python and/or C++, and preferably the Python data science stack (Pandas, NumPy, etc).
- Proficiency in designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Experience working in a quantitative field is beneficial, as is exposure to trading, financial market data and/or machine learning
- Experience leading small development teams is also beneficial but again not essential
- And we would love you to be an advocate for broader industry trends and tools that are relevant to quantitative research and development.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Daily breakfast and lunch.
- Regular social events including an annual company trip.
- A work-from-home allowance and support.
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.