Optiver is seeking an Experienced Futures Trader/Researcher to join our High Frequency Trading Team. Our HFT team is comprised of Researchers and Software Engineers who focus on designing, improving and executing trading strategies using machine learning. Our Quantitative Researchers specifically focus on conducting alpha/signal/features research, improving those machine-learning models, and refining trading algorithms. Should you join this collaborative, close-knit team, you’ll have the opportunity to directly impact everything in our research and execution pipeline.
Does the thought of making a direct, immediate impact thrill you? You may have found your next career move.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We're looking for an Experienced Futures Trader/Researcher who will be versatile, flexible and creative in fine-tuning trading algorithms. As a Researcher, you’ll work on complex, high-impact projects that result in instant feedback for both your team and for the business.
As a member of our team, you can expect to:
• Conduct signal/modelling research for improving predictions and research for improving executing algorithms in the market
• Collaborate with peers in reviewing research and solving problems
• Improve the research workflow for your own benefit and your peers
• Participate in strategic discussions to help set the direction of our business growth
• See the direct impact of your changes in production
WHO YOU ARE:
Our success has been founded on the collaborative nature of how we operate. We look for people who thrive in team environments, love to be challenged daily and are intuitively strong.
Additionally, as part of our team you’ll need:
• 2+ years of experience on a successful futures/equities trading team (preferably a proprietary trading firm)
• Experience in computationally intensive research
• A bachelor’s degree
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Familiarity in programming languages (C++, C#, Java)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
• Training, mentorship and continuous learning and development opportunities
• Performance-based bonus that is unmatched anywhere in the industry
• Great secondary benefits, including 25 paid vacation days
• Fully paid first-class commuting expenses and health insurance
• Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
• The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 countries