At Optiver you will find an environment of collaboration and passion for solving challenging problems. As a technology-enabled market maker, we combine diverse skill sets, unique minds and a desire to be number one in all we do. We pursue the world’s best talent that will move our business forward. Our recruitment team must continuously think deeply about how to identify, engage, attract and assess this talent. Experienced and motivated Trading and Research talent is one of the foundational pillars to our recruitment strategy. That’s where you come in as our specialist Trading Recruiter in our new and burgeoning London office.
What you will do
Hiring top talent is a core focus and key driver to Optiver’s success – in this highly competitive market for the top performing Trading talent our Recruiters are passionate, creative problem solvers who partner with our stakeholders to find and secure the best people.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for advancing Optiver’s end-to-end recruitment strategy to find, attract and hire quantitative trading, research, and engineering talent. You and the team will be accountable for building the Optiver workforce of the future, including global sourcing and innovative approaches to passive candidate engagement, elevating our sourcing strategies.
You’ll have responsibility and the freedom to develop and execute on tailored, tactical recruitment strategies for extremely niche roles, partnering with the business to develop sourcing strategies, conduct behavioural assessments and manage the process all the way through to the offer conversation. You will build your expertise in the trading recruitment domain, continually refining your craft as a specialist recruiter and contribute to broader team goals.
No two days are the same here, so you will have to be innovative, flexible and able to think on your feet. More concretely:
- Independently strategise your own sourcing approaches to engage talent;
- Attract tier-one trading talent through the development of your own networks and manage the delivery of our brand to the market;
- Screen and Interview incoming applicants and manage their experience throughout the process;
- Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholder and internal functions as well as partner with our external agencies;
- Create and optimise the end to end recruitment process and continuously look to enhance our sourcing approaches as well as the approaches of our external partnerships;
- Contribute to the delivery of information to our internal teams in relation to the markets we source from and improve the wider understanding of the markets we look to acquire talent from;
- Collaborate with internal marketing and communications teams on our positioning to potential employees and the market as a whole.
What you will need
- You are passionate about finding niche skillsets from the capital markets talent pools in the UK, Europe and beyond. You may have been an agency recruiter, working to find rare, niche abilities in (but not limited to) quantitative engineering, quantitative trading and/or quantitative analytics OR you have experience as an in-house front office recruiter for a financial services organisation, matching a deep understanding of business needs with a knack for finding and attracting exceptional people;
- You appreciate the importance of mentoring others to build their technical skills and develop their careers and see it as critical to partner with others (within and outside the team) to achieve great things and can apply creativity to solve complex recruitment problems;
- You recognise the importance of data in recruitment and enjoy challenging the status quo to get the best results;
- You understand of the importance of candidate experience and a desire to always ensure that our delivery of that is of the highest calibre;
- You are pragmatic, tenacious and have a result-oriented mindset with an interest in trading.
What’s in it for you?
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities