Experienced Equity Analyst
Optiver’s Equity Options Trading team is looking for an Experienced Equity Analyst to drive our fundamental research-driven trading. Ideal candidates will have a self-starter and competitive mentality, and are excited by the opportunity to bring their knowledge and skills to a growing team.
Having an aggressive and proactive risk-taking mindset is essential to perform well in this role. As an Equity Analyst, you will play a critical role on our team and have the opportunity to make a material impact to the firm’s PnL. You will sit directly on the trading desk, where you will be able to influence trading decisions and positions on a daily basis. In addition, you will have the ability to put on research-driven trading positions in your own book for PnL attribution.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As Optiver’s Experienced Equity Analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging current events and your research experience to impact the team’s trading decisions. As a member of our team, you will work in close collaboration with Traders, Researchers and Data Scientists to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Identify event-driven trade opportunities and work with traders to capture these opportunities, focusing on maximizing your impact on overall desk PnL
- Perform scenario analysis for relevant upcoming events and analyze time sensitive headlines for companies within your coverage sector(s) and predict their influence on volatility and/or stock price
- Assist in the growth of our fundamental research team through various avenues (i.e. creating processes to monetize fundamental-driven trading ideas)
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver’s Equity Analyst requires someone with:
- A bachelor’s degree (CFA preferred, but not required)
- 5+ years of work experience in fundamental equity research (preferably in the equity options space or hedge fund)
- A solid understanding of fundamental research and factors that impact company valuation
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Experience with various corporate actions a plus
- Computer programming skills (preferred, but not required)
- The ability to communicate clearly, think independently and work collaboratively
- The willingness to learn new techniques/skills and teach others
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Training, mentorship and continuous learning and development opportunities
- Performance-based bonus that is unmatched anywhere in the industry
- Great secondary benefits, including 25 paid vacation days
- Fully paid first-class commuting expenses and health insurance
- Daily on-site breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks (COVID-19 restrictions permitting)
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 countries
HOW TO APPLY & LOCAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
Are you interested in joining one of the most dynamic and exciting teams in the country?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Experienced Equity Analyst. Should there be a potential match, a member from our recruitment team will be in touch.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.