At Optiver, we seek to continuously improve our approach to pricing, execution and risk management. We believe that the rigor with which we approach these problems is a source of competitive edge. We have an appetite to diversify and improve and are always looking for great new talent to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to our trading team. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an Equity Options Trader to join our rapidly growing team in Chicago.
What you’ll do:
- Market make options in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Optimize current trading strategy and contribute to trading ideas
- Create structured, sustainable, longer term improvements that generate strong results
- Contribute to the future direction of the team through new strategies and ideas
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of work experience in market making within the equities options space
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM or a related field
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.