Start date: November 7, 2023
Start time: 5:30 pm GMT
End date: November 29, 2023
End time: 7:30 pm GMT
Location: Imperial College London
Interested in building a high-performance Python trading algorithm and testing it in real-world trading scenarios?
Led by Optiver industry experts Robbert Pullen and Dennis van de Werken, this 8-session course takes you from from the foundations of options theory to hands-on algorithm development and testing. Fine-tune your skills on Optiver’s simulated exchange, Optibook, while blending academic insights with industry application, providing you with tools and skills directly applicable to a career in the finance and trading industry.
You’ll walk away with:
- A deep understanding of financial markets, options theory and algorithmic trading – no financial background required!
- Direct experience on a simulated market exchange, offering a glimpse into what it’s like to work as a trader at a leading global market maker.
- The skill to design and optimise a Python trading algorithm based on real financial market data.
- An opportunity to pit your algorithm against your classmates in a competitive setting for the chance to win an exciting prize!
Apply below for this incredible opportunity to enhance your knowledge and get practical skills in the world of algorithmic trading.
- A registered student at Imperial College London
- A strong aptitude in mathematics
- Proficiency in Python programming
- No prior backgrounds in financial markets is required
Course dates and times:
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. throughout November (7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th) at Imperial College London.
- Thursday, October 26th, 9:00 a.m.