Job Vacancies Europe
Optiver is looking for a motivated individual to strengthen our Trading Team. In this trading role you will design, develop, improve and utilize trading algorithms. For this position we are searching for someone with a technical academic degree, programming skills and a great interest in financial markets and research.
What you'll do
As an Algorithmic Trader you will, besides trade and price financial products, apply your skills to optimise current strategies as well as analyse and implement new trading strategies. You will be fully responsible for the performance of an algorithm, from observing and analysing to testing and implementing in real life. The main focus area is equity products. In order to seize every opportunity and stay ahead of the competition, you will need to show initiative and a strong work ethic. The drive to both improve your market knowledge and develop personally are also of paramount importance for traders at Optiver.
In short, an Algorithmic Trader:
• Prices and trades financial products;
• Analyses, implements and improves new and current trading strategies;
• Improves and works on models and trading methods from development to the implementation;
• Constantly searches for knowledge and new theories on trading related subjects.
This is an excellent opportunity for bright, analytical individuals to join a challenging and often demanding business. After a three-month intensive training program involving classroom work, trading desk simulation exercises and live market trading – with real money – you will start trading at your own desk. We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn and that is exactly what we provide.
What you'll need
• An academic degree in:
o Applied Mathematics/Physics;
o Computer Science;
o Or any relevant study with a research component.
• At least 6 months experience working with C++, C#, JAVA, VBA and/or MATLAB;
• A desire to work closely with various technology and trading teams to translate algorithms into complex technology solutions;
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
• A strong affinity for financial markets and a numbers-orientated character;
• An accurate mind and the ability to solve problems;
• A competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself;
• The ability to cope with increasing responsibility;
• Good communication and teamwork skills;
• Experience with numerical analysis, probability theory and statistics.
No suits, no ties and no red tape. Our culture is one of our most valuable assets; result-driven, open and informal, team-based, ambitious and exceedingly flexible, whilst striving for professionalism within all our departments.
Our offices are modern and offer many stress-relieving extras, such as pool tables, table football and more. We give our employees the flexibility to be innovative, research their ideas and act upon them. Our working environment is ideal for ambitious and talented people who enjoy a challenge. Despite the independent nature of our profession, we are a very team-oriented company.
What you’ll get
Excellent remuneration, attractive profit sharing structure, full first-class home-work travel compensation, training opportunities, relocation package, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, Friday-afternoon drinks and – yes - even in-house chair massages.
Apply directly via the APPLY NOW button. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without letter of motivation will not be reviewed. For more information, contact Debbie Holgado (Recruiter Trading) on +31 (0)20 708 7000.
N.B. Once you’ve applied for the Trader position and got selected, you will be required to take three numerical tests to measure your mathematical and analytical skills.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.